Travels, Adventures, & Life in general.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Girona

So I went to Girona yesterday, which is a beautiful little town about an hour and a half by train from Barcelona.

The Girona Cathedral has the second largest nave in the world (22m) beaten only by St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City. I wasn't very impressed with the exterior of the cathedral, but that may be due to the fact that it wasn't finished until the 19th century, I believe, and looks quite boxy compared to most gothic cathedrals that I've seen.
The most incredible part of the visit was the choir practicing as I walked into the cathedral. I'd be lying if I said it didn't bring me close to tears. There's something extremely awe-inspiring about the way that choirs sound in cathedrals (special thanks to my pops for making me appreciate cathedrals so much!).

Cathedral Face

Untitled

Untitled

Click on any of the photos to see more images!

No comments:

Post a Comment